Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kindergarten and the Alphabet



So, it is true....I cried when Memphis walked into kindergarten the first day. He was so excited and looked so nice. We had to convince him not to wear a tie. I can't say why it was so different than when he started preschool, but it was. Could it be that I felt guilty because I thought I was looking forward to it? Could it just be as simple as he is growing up way too fast? Either way, I cried. I thought I would get some alone time with Maverick, but he has taken to falling asleep in the car on the way home. We walk to the bus stop to get Memphis, but most of that time is filled with me huffing and puffing up the hill pushing him in the stroller. Memphis does seem to like kindergarten. He goes "off track" Friday and will be off for a few weeks. I am sure that I will be better the next time. Maverick will be happy to have "Brother" home all day. When we drop Memphis off at school, Maverick gives him a hug and kiss and then proceeds to say, "Bye Brother. Love you Brother" until the class walks into the school. Very sweet. I am still so worried about Memphis making friends. He seems to be the only one who wasn't already friends with someone else. But, he seems to be ok right now. We do like the teacher very much so far.



Meanwhile, Maverick is learning his ABC's. He knows the song tune, but not all of the letters yet. He likes to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider as well. So very cute. He has also developed what we can only assume is an imaginary friend. When someone asks him what his friend's name is, he replies "Kelly". Well, he doesn't know a Kelly. We ask if Kelly is a boy or girl. Kelly is a boy. Apparently, Kelly lives in Castle Rock. So, if you ever run across this person, please let us know so we can be introduced!


Well, I guess not much more right now. Hope all is well with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment