Monday, January 12, 2009

Kindergarten Registration

OK - so I didn't think that registering Memphis for kindergarten would make me so sad. I worry so much. I know academically, he is completely ready. I worry socially. And I just can't believe that he is going to be going to kindergarten! It seems like I just registered at the hospital to have him! I am sure all parents go through this....but I honestly didn't think the registration would hit me. Imagine how I will be when he actually goes on his first day!! Then on the way to school today he asked me how old I will be when he is 36. I about had a panic attack when I said 68! Of course, it was nice that he followed it up with, "Mommy, will you make me a monster truck cake for my 36 year old birthday?"

Memphis has been so into writing and drawing lately. I love to go into his room to clean up. I find papers that say, "I love you Mom, I love you dad, I love Maverick". It does my heart good. Then he drew a picture of all of us that says, "I love that - The Oldhams". I hung it up. I need to frame it. He read a book to Maverick this weekend. He is just amazing!

I can't forget Maverick. I am sure he will be so sad when Memphis is in school everyday. Even now, when we take Memphis to preschool, as soon as we are in the car he starts saying, "Brother?" When I say it is time to go get brother, he runs up the stairs to get his shoes and starts saying, "Bye. Brother." At the school, he knocks on the door of the classroom. And when they open it, he tries to go in saying, "Brother, brother".

Well, again, I know all parents must go through this. But I was a little sad this morning about it. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Of course, when people told us that when Memphis was a baby and I was up 4 times a night, I didn't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment